A rapist who also threatened a 12-year-old into sharing indecent images has been jailed. Gurpreet Randhawa, from Wolverhampton, raped two 15-year-old girls he had persuaded to meet him. West Midlands Police said the 21-year-old raped one girl on three separate occasions between August and September last year.
The last attack saw Randhawa drive the girl to a car park in Wolverhampton where he raped her in the back of the vehicle. The force said that when the victim tried to resist Randhawa's advances, he "grabbed her by the throat". Randhawa of Wellington Road, Wolverhampton, was jailed for 18 years at Wolverhampton Crown Court last Thursday.
He pleaded guilty to four offences of rape, two of taking indecent images of a child, a further two offences of sharing indecent images and engaging in sexual communication.
All offences took place between July 2024 and September 2025.
Police said Randhawa went by the name of Ziggy and had used other aliases.
He contacted a 12-year-old through social media, engaged in sexualised conversations and "sent inappropriate videos and pictures of himself and threatened to harm the young girl if she didn't too".
The force added Randhawa shared with her footage of him having sex with another girl, who he knew was aged just 15.
*** Ensure our latest news headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as Preferred Source in your Google search settings. ***
He smoked drugs with her and forced himself upon the girl who was unaware the attack was being filmed, police said.
Following sentencing, DC Mark Tallis said: "Randhawa targeted and exploited these young girls for his own sexual desires. He persuaded two of the girls to meet him and raped them.
"These were horrific experiences for the girls, as it was for the 12-year-old girl who was threatened if she did not reciprocate his appalling actions in sharing indecent images.
"It was through the courage of the girls in coming forward and telling us about these awful crimes we were able to convict Randhawa for his deplorable behaviour. Their bravery has taken a dangerous man off the streets and prevented others from being targeted."
Randhawa has been added to the sex offenders register for life.