Sky Sports viewers have slammed the broadcaster's coverage of the PGA Tour so far this season after a dramatic change to production.
Sky has typically provided its own commentary and analysis of the PGA Tour's biggest events, but many golf fans have been left disappointed by the output so far this year. The broadcaster has started using the international feed for both footage and commentary, and many feel it is an inferior production.
Fans had hoped that Sky would return to its previous arrangement of providing its own commentary or syndicating coverage from host broadcasters CBS or NBC for the PGA Tour's signature events. But the international feed was used for last week's AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am and the opening two rounds of this week's Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country Club, where Rory McIlroy is in contention for victory at the halfway stage.
• Tommy Fleetwood mocked by golf star after confirming end of long-standing relationship
• Rory McIlroy weighs in on PGA Tour change after Tiger Woods claim - 'Would be good'
Sky talents are part of the international team, and fans have heard the familiar voices of Nick Dougherty, Rich Beem, David Howell, and Inci Mehmet so far this year, while Iona Stephen has helmed the studio coverage in London alone.
Lead commentator Ewen Murray and charismatic on-course reporter Wayne Riley, however, have not featured so far this year. Murray told concerned fans on social media that he is in the dark on when he will be back in the commentary booth. The Mirror understands that both still remain with Sky, with Henni Zuel the only departure from last year's team after she joined LIV Golf's TV crew.
Many viewers have vented their frustrations on social media throughout the season so far. One wrote: "The international feed is a disgrace and offensive to the audience. Just use the US network coverage, and for the main events, add Sky commentators, which was done before."
Another added: "The new PGA Tour world feed is an abomination," and a third said: "This world feed thing we have to watch now for the PGA Tour is awful."
Cost considerations are sure to have played a role, but the Mirror understands that a greater focus on European players from the international feed compared to U.S. broadcasts factored into the change.
The international feed is also continuous, with estimates that viewers see 25 percent more shots than on the American stream, although Friday's second round at Riviera seemed to feature numerous ad breaks in quick succession.
• Tiger Woods' nickname for Rory McIlroy and what he told son Charlie that speaks volumes
• Golf news as Rory McIlroy snubbed and star reveals 'ban' from The Masters
The Mirror understands that Sky Sports is in talks with the PGA Tour to improve international feed output in the coming weeks, with the aim of placing greater focus on British and Irish players.
Mercifully, it is understood that Sky plans to produce its own output of next month's Players at TPC Sawgrass with a studio on site. The same arrangement will be used for the four major championships.
That should ensure that the biggest moments of the season get the coverage they deserve, but for the rest of the PGA Tour schedule, it seems fans will have to make do with the international feed.