Man shot after break-in at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate named and pictured
Reach Daily Express February 23, 2026 03:39 AM

The man who was shot dead by Secret Service agents at Trump's Florida home has been named as 21-year-old Austin Tucker Martin, according to US reports. Several American media outlets are reporting that Martin, from Cameron, North Carolina, was killed in the incident at Mar-a-Lago at 1.30am local time (6.30am GMT) on Sunday.

Law enforcement claims the man snuck into the estate as a car was leaving,armed with a shotgun and a gas cannister. A spokesperson previously said that the man killed was reported missing by his family in North Carolina several days ago, and had not been seen since.

The agency's head of communications, Anthony Guglielmi, announced the news online: "On February 22, around 1.30am, a male in his early 20s was shot by US Secret Service agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO) following an unauthorised entry into the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago.

"The individual, whose identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, was pronounced deceased. The individual was observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.

"US Secret Service agents and a PBSO deputy confronted the individual, and shots were fired by law enforcement during the encounter. No US Secret Service or PBSO personnel were injured.

"There were no Secret Service protectees present at the location at the time of the incident."

Little detail is currently known about Martin, and if had any previous convictions or was known to law enforcement.

Ensure our latest news headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as Preferred Source in your Google search settings.

Rick Bradshaw, the sheriff of Palm Beach County, said an agent at the scene of the incident told the suspect to drop the shotgun and gasoline he was allegedly carrying.

He told reporters at the press conference: "Words that we said to him were, 'Dropped the items'." Shots were then fired by law enforcement, and the man was pronounced dead.

During the attack, President Donald Trump was away from his Florida home and was instead in Washington on Sunday morning, where he and the First Lady, Melania Trump, were hosting the Governor's Dinner.

Trump has yet to publicly comment on the incident; however, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt posted to X, calling the man a "crazy person".

Leavitt added: "In the middle of the night while most Americans were asleep, the United States Secret Service acted quickly and decisively to neutralise a crazy person, armed with a gun and a gas canister, who intruded President Trump's home.

"Federal law enforcement is working 24/7 to keep our country safe and protect all Americans."

© Copyright @2026 LIDEA. All Rights Reserved.