Arteta ‘100%’ sure Arsenal youngster will stay at the club this summer
Arjun Pillai August 21, 2026 04:51 AM

20 August 2026

Mikel Arteta has said he is “100%” certain that Myles Lewis-Skelly will still be an Arsenal player this summer.

Lewis-Skelly has drawn interest from clubs including Chelsea and Manchester United, but Arteta has insisted the 18-year-old will remain at the Emirates.

That said, the Arsenal manager acknowledged that more departures could still happen before the transfer window closes.

“It’s a really, really tough moment. We need to face that reality,” Arteta said.

“But you have to face it with a real honesty and transparency. When you’re on the other side, it’s exactly what you need.

“You might not like what you’ve been told, but if it’s truthful, if it’s the reality and honest and make you make better decisions and have more clarity for the next step in your career, you have to do that.

“These are always difficult conversations. But they need to be done.”

“We all know everything has a start and an end.

“When it ends, our job and duty is to do it in the best possible way, with respect and admiration for the player and the relationship. But at the end, we need to make difficult decisions.”

The Arsenal boss also repeated that he wants to keep a strong and deep squad, especially after seeing how injuries affected his team.

“Without talking any specifics, it is something we are working on with every individual,” Arteta said.

“I want to have the squad as big as possible because we know what we’re fighting for, we learn again from the past. Especially last year when we had injuries in two or three areas of the pitch.

“The deeper squad we have, the better. But the players have to feel valued and feel important.”

© Copyright @2026 LIDEA. All Rights Reserved.