King Charles urged to 'step back' from key royal duties to safeguard his health
Reach Daily Express April 04, 2025 02:39 AM

should "step back" from some of his royal duties for the sake of his health, a royal expert has said. Royal fans were left concerned last week after it was announced that the monarch, 76, had been after experiencing some side effects from his cancer treatment. Although Charles only had to attend the hospital for a "short period of observation", royal experts believe the monarch should slow down with his jam-packed work schedule.

Among those with that view is Ingrid Seward, author of royal book My Mother and I, who believes the King is an extremely hard worker, even over the last 14 months since his cancer diagnosis. that the monarch should give some of his work to other royals to complete on his behalf, including investiture ceremonies.

She said: "He could just step back from the investitures.

"I think that would be a good idea, there's the Princess Royal [Charles' sister Anne], Prince Edward could do investitures as well. There's no reason he couldn't."

This comment comes after the King returned to work on Tuesday to

The royal engagement earlier this week was the first time the monarch had been seen publicly since he was spotted leaving London on Friday - just a day after his hospital visit.

The King was , his estate in Gloucestershire, for a weekend of rest.

It is likely Charles will also need to rest again this weekend ahead of with Queen Camilla, 77.

Their Majesties are due to arrive in Rome on April 7 for an official welcome.

The state visit is set to last four days and will involve a number of royal engagements including a state banquet, a visit to the Italian Parliament and a trip to the Colosseum.

© Copyright @2025 LIDEA. All Rights Reserved.