Bhopal ( Madhya Pradesh): The Madhya Pradesh government has denied recognition to 600 private schools so far. The process for granting recognition to primary and middle private schools is underway. Around 24,000 schools have applied for either fresh recognition or for renewal of recognition.
The process of recognition of schools from Class 1 to Class 8 is handled by the Rajya Shiksha Kendra (RSK). The applications for fresh recognition or renewal are initially processed by block resource centres (BRC) and then finalised by district programme coordinators (DPC).
According to DPC, Bhopal, OP Sharma, the process of granting recognition is continuing. “We have received around 1,100 applications from Bhopal district, of which nearly 900 have been processed so far and recognition has been granted to all of them,” he said. The deficiencies in documentation by schools are being addressed by the managements and the picture will become clear by Saturday, he further added.
This year, the government has imposed some new conditions for granting recognition like registered lease deeds have to be presented by schools operating from rented premises. Besides, they are required to submit a security deposit of Rs 40,000. The life span of school buses has also been reduced from five years to two years. The MP High Court has stayed the order requiring submission of registered lease deeds. “We are giving provisional recognition to schools which don’t have registered lease deeds. The final decision will be taken after the court’s judgment,” the DPC said.
As for the students of schools whose recognition is cancelled, the official said that they would have to take admission in other schools. “There is a government primary school at every kilometre and a middle school at every three Kms,” he elaborated.
According to an official from RSK, the process for granting recognition was still in process. “We don’t have data on students studying in derecognized schools yet,” the official clarified.